Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Felted Boots for Daniel

Daniel's elf boots

made for a friend at Christmas Tide
One of my favorite felting projects were these boots that I made for my friend Daniel. It was Christmas time, I had enlarged the pattern, as the orginal pattern idea made slipper boots too tight fitting.  So these boots at first were enormous, I made them much too big.  Giant sized actually.  I spent hours rubbing them, dousing them in cold and hot water and then finally throwing them with great force upon cement pavers to get them to shrink enough.  He loves them, calls them his 'elf boots'.  Oh but what work went into them.  I now have perfected the pattern and can make felted boots or slippers fit more easily for anyone!  Come to a class or commission me to make a pair for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog.